Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Power of Your Words

"The good man from his inner good treasure flings forth good things, and the evil man out of his inner evil storehouse flings forth evil things. But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak. For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced." ~ Matthew 12:35-37

Your spoken words have power, both in the spiritual and physical world. The question is do we really believe the Word of God? Or do we apply it as if it is figurative? This verse says my words have power, do I believe it?

Psalm 105 says, bless the Lord, "who forgives all our iniquity" is easy to pick up and believe because I only need to speak that I am saved and those around me, and myself,  can either believe it or not.

But then the verse continues, "who heals all my diseases" and this is where it gets tough! Am I really healed? I still have the sickness, the disease, the flu= hmmm, This verse must not mean what it says.

It does mean what it says, but the Word also says, if a man doubts, then he'll receive nothing, wavering, in James. We can't doubt God's Word, instead we should look at whether we really believe the Word, and is that why my healing is not manifesting? Do I believe the Word or my physical condition?

Again, the Word testifies: "For by your words you will be justified and acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned and sentenced."

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment